Monday, January 6, 2014

Dec 30...2013 review

I have never felt more blessed than I did this Christmas. So many people made sure that since we were away from home that we still had a good Christmas. On Christmas Eve we went to the Festival of Lights here in Spanish Fork. There was so many lights and it was so cool. I thought since I was on my mission I would sleep just fine on Christmas Eve but I was wrong! I woke up about every hour because I was so eager to talk to and see my family via Skype. We still had to get up at 6:30 and it was the longest 3 and a half hours ever waiting for 10:00 to roll around so I could get on Skype. The rest of our Christmas was pretty great! We got to go see lots of people and see how their Christmas was. On Christmas night our district got together and we went caroling. We each got to choose 2 or 3 of the families we work with. So I got to learn how to sing in Spanish since two of the companionships in our district are Spanish speaking. I don't know if I was even close to pronouncing things right but I think the people got the message. The day after Christmas was awesome. We were able to catch so many people at home, and we even got a new investigator. We had a really good lesson with some less-actives that we work with. They opened up to us and told us some of the struggles they have. They have progressed so much the past few weeks, they come to church every week now and they are really growing in they gospel. Friday we got a call from the mission office telling us that our car registration was about to expire. So we got to make a trip to Provo. The rest of our week was spent knocking on doors and not finding many people home. But it's okay because we were diligent and we were showing our faithfulness.
So I decided since this is the last PDAY in 2013 I would review the highlights of my year month by month:

-January my life changed for the better. I turned in my mission papers and got my call to the Utah Provo Mission. I was also able to join the Candy Mountain youth in a winter snow outing down in the Oregon mountains.
-February me and Jessalyn made a trip to Idaho Falls to say our good byes to all our friends and families. I got my endowment in the Columbia River Temple.
-March I got ready for my mission, this includes selling my car, getting 4 inches cut off my hair, quitting my job and packing my life in to two suit cases to go and three boxes to stay home. I entered into my new life as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and entered the MTC with my best friend/older sister who has been by my side my whole life!
-April I entered the mission field and opened my first area in wonderful Roosevelt Utah. I made life long friends, aka Sister Quist and Reynolds who made life a lot easier.
-May I got to make my first Skype call home and she how my wonderful sister was doing in the Winterpeg(Winnipeg). Then it was transferred back to the valley to open the YSA Stake in Springville/Mapleton.
-June my companion and I got to be part of the mission experiment and we were given IPADs to help us in our missionary work. I was also able to attend the World Wide Broadcast on Hastening the Work of Salvation.
- July I got transferred to Orem and put in my first trio. We got to march in the 4th of July parade and feel like heroes. We also got to be a part of the temple to temple run in Provo for the new temple being built.
-August I got put in a new trio and we all got along and loved each other. I got to go to the MTC for my companions visa and decided to stop in and see Harrison Ostler.
-September was a harder month but definitely helped me become stronger. My companion went home early and so I got a new companion mid transfer.
-October Summer got married and that weekend I got to see my parents while I attended General Conference in Salt Lake. I found out I am going to be an aunt to a cute little baby girl in April! I also got the opportunity to be a trainer of some one fresh out of the MTC!
-November was the wonderful month of gratitude and I got to stuff my face. I also got to have some fun playing some football in the annual Turkey Bowl!
-December I got transferred out of Orem after being there for 6 months. I got to Skype my family for the 2nd time while on my mission and only have one more before I go home. I got to experience the very bipolar weather Utah has.

It has been an incredible year full of life long memories! I love 2013 and can't wait to see what 2014 has to offer! love you all!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment