Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Oct 29...busy!!!

With so much happening in the past little while I really am amazed at how fast time is going! So it has been 7 months now and it feels like it was just yesterday! I got some exciting news this morning. I will be staying in Orem and I am going to be getting a new companion from the MTC! I don't know who it is yet but I am excited to find out. If I had to describe this week in one word it would be BUSY! Which is totally awesome when you are a missionary! Our nights are booked all the way into the end of the week and are days are filling up too!
 
Monday was P-day and was super fun. I got to hike "Y" mountain with Sis. Quist who is leaving this week because her 18 months is up! We also had a Zone sisters activity and we got to go mini golfing! Then we finished off the day right with lessons! Tuesday morning we had President interviews and we had such a great conversation about how happy I am to be a missionary. Then President and Sis. McCune surprised us and took us out to lunch at Café Rio! It was such a treat! Through out the week we have had some really incredible lessons where the spirit is just so strong and I can tell that I am not the teacher, the spirit is! We have also had a lot of opportunities this week to work with the wards and get to know them better. It helps when they have ward parties. We thought it would be a good idea to go to the parties and to go reverse trunk or treating. So we went and handed our numbers to all the parents so that they could start calling us if needed help or knew of anyone who could us the gospel. I really think they enjoyed seeing the missionaries. It seems sad that it is a once in a while opportunity to see the missionaries here in Utah.
 
I am really grateful for the members in the area because they really desire to know how to best help the missionaries. We had many call us and ask if we could come tell them how we would like them to help. We even got to do a mini youth fireside for one of the wards. And it was the youth that asked to do it, not the leaders! I really hope that I can be the missionary that these members need!
This week we got to do exchanges and it was so much fun! I don't know why I love going into the Spanish area's so much. The people are just so nice and inviting. I got to meet this amazing family that the Spanish sister's are working with. The 2 year old boy was born with out a face and was told that he was only going to live for a few weeks. He is now 2 years old and still doing great. He has had lots of surgeries to help him out. It is such an inspirational story! I am so glad there are miracles in everyone's life!
I have also had some really amazing experiences with sharing the gospel on Facebook! I didn't really think I was ever going to start to love it but I have finally got the courage to ask some people to learn more about the gospel. I am so grateful for the wonderful tools that Heavenly Father has given me!
Thank you every one for the support you are giving me. I am really starting to notice a difference in my mission and in myself. LOVE YOU!


 
                                                       a different kind of "sister"

No comments:

Post a Comment