Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Nov 4...November already!

I seriously could not believe how fast October went by. If felt like just yesterday I was freaking out because it was already October 1 and now its November 4!
This week was totally amazing and busy and crazy and so many things. But to make more sense I will explain it.
On Monday I received a wonderful package from my mom! She got me some super cute boots that are perfect and I have worn them almost every day since. Which is basically needed now because it has officially snowed in Utah! But it hasn't started sticking yet which is okay.
Tuesday felt like I was running like a chicken with its head cut off. We had to run some sister's to the doctors in the morning (the joy of being some of the only missionaries in the zone with a car) And then we got to teach a lesson together before we had to find a split because I had to go to a training the trainer meeting and Sis. Farthing stayed in the area to teach some more lessons. The meeting ran long and I didn't get back to Orem until about 5:30. And I felt super bad because our dinner appointment was ready for us at 5. And then our 6:00 appointment cancelled which made it so we didn't have to shove food down our throats. Then we finished the night with finishing up some final packing for Sis. Farthing.
Wednesday we got to start early because I had to be at transfers at 8:30 to find out what MTC missionary was going to be my new companion. I was able to see Sis. Neaf and Sis. Volmer but sadly neither one of them are my trainee. I did how ever get an awesome companion. Her name is Sis. Funaki, she is from Las Vegas and is full of energy to do missionary work! I think it is going to be a wonderful transfer. We got a new district leader and  Zone leaders and after transfers we got straight to work. We had a service project that afternoon helping a family move. Then dinner then a ward Halloween party and then a Correlation meeting.
Thursday we finished up our service project and then went to District Training meeting. We talked a lot about why we have commandments and the blessing that come from keeping them. That night we got to have a district Halloween Party since they didn't want us out getting in trouble. We got to play lots of sports, had pizza and then we got to watch Ephriam's rescue. What a great movie that just makes me so grateful to be born in a time with transportation and real medicine.
Friday we tried to do a lot of contacting and only had minor success which is just a part of missionary life.
Saturday we went to go see one of our less-actives and she said that she was super busy and that she was rushing to get a bunch of stuff done. We asked if we could help so she put us to work in the yard. So we got to do some yard work in our skirts because we were not planning on it. But it worked out just fine! and then something awesome happened. The last part of the family I have been working with this whole time in Orem got baptized. He was taught by the Spanish elders because he only speaks Spanish. But watching the happiness on everyone's face to see the last member in their family to get baptized was amazing. Also on Saturday my companion was very eager to get a lot of appointments so we took our list of everyone we have taught and tried knocking on all of their doors. It actually turned out better than I thought it was going to.
Sunday it was meeting after meeting for us. We had 3 Church meetings and 3 Sacrament meetings we had to attend. And then to top all that off we had quite a few lessons planned for the night. So we were out of the house from about 7:30 am to 9:20 pm. It was a long day and I was ready to hit the sheets.
This morning we got to clean the house and try to get rid of all the things past missionaries have left behind. Now our apartment looks totally AWESOME!!
But as busy as a week as it was it was also probably one of the best weeks I have had! The lessons were great and you could definitely see the spirit working on people's hearts. I love this work and I love this gospel!
Love, Sis. Kaylynn Harrison
 

No comments:

Post a Comment