Monday, October 7, 2013

oct 7...modern day revelation

This week has been a wonderful one full of many miracles and blessings. I am so grateful for the Lord's hand in this great work. Last Monday was not like any Monday I have ever had. When P-day ended at 6:00 we were able to teach 2 lessons to new less-actives that we are starting to work with. They were both amazing lessons and the spirit was so strong. I have realized that it doesn't matter what we teach if the spirit is not there. All of this week has been kind of a Less-active kind of a week. We did a lot of stop by's to see if people were home. We had very few scheduled appointments. Wednesday we got to go to the Temple as a district and it was a wonderful experience like all temple trips are. We also had a DTM after the temple trip that by the time I left I was so frustrated. I am really struggling getting along with one of my zone leaders and no one in the district can take him seriously. It is definitely something I am going to have to work on. On Thursday we had a zone conference and the zone leaders told us it was going to be about stress management. When we got there president McCune had to take a phone call from Salt Lake and then in walks the tech guy from the mission department and asks us if we want IPads! So now as a mission we have IPads and I really hope that they help move the work forward. On Friday the only thing I could think about all day was Summer getting married. And when we woke up at 6:30 to go running there was snow on the ground! I can't believe it is already cold enough to snow! We had a fun time trying to update our area books on the IPads...its going to take a long time!! Saturday was probably the most amazing day ever!! I had the opportunity to go up to Salt Lake to the Saturday Afternoon General Conference. We took the front runner which was super fun! While I was in Salt Lake I saw Mason and Riley Disney, Marisa Deitz, Kenzie Cornelison, Janae Frei, and best of all my wonderful Family!!! It was so good to talk to them and get caught up. especially after Summers wedding the day before. At the conference center we were 7 rows back from the front! It was so amazing!!! We didn't arrive back home until 7:00 and by that time I was so exhausted and so hungry since I hadn't eaten since breakfast! So we went to Wendy's! Yummy! Sunday was a fabulous day as well. We went over to Bishop Lawyers house for General Conference. In between sessions we were able to get in a lesson and then after conference we had appointment after appointment and we didn't get home until 9:30! I got to go with V*** to get her Patriarchal Blessing. It was so amazing the friendship I have developed with her. We also got to go to a meeting with 5 parents who have kids out on missions and they talked about all the experiences they are having on their missions and all I got to say is I am so grateful that I am in UTAH!!! I feel safe and taken care of! I have seriously loved this week and I can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for this up coming week. I am so grateful I get to be a part of this great work and I know that what I am doing is true and it is for the true church and for a loving Heavenly Father!
LOVE YOU!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment