Monday, April 8, 2013

Week #3 In the field, Ready to harvest

Well I made it!! It was so weird leaving the MTC because we literally just drove up the street a few blocks. I met the McCunes and they are amazing. Sister McCune is such a sweet heart. We had a little meeting telling us more about our mission. There is 160 stakes, we get to be in the big 4th of July parade, we get to attend the temple twice a month, and we get to go to general conference twice! The next morning we got to go meet our trainers and find out where we are serving. My companion is Sister Smith.(so our compainionship is Sister Harrison and Smith, sound familiar at all!) she is from B.C. Canada, she is about 5 foot tall, and is 23 years old. Me and her got the fun assignment as far as area goes. We are opening up the Rossevelt West area. So we are in Eastern Utah and there is only farms and little shops, well I guess there is one grocery store. We kicked the Elders out of their apartments until we find a place to stay and they are staying with some other Elders. Thursday was incredible! We went to the stake center as a district and threw the rugby around and then did a little work out. That afternoon we got to teach our first investigator.  She lives out in the middle of no where, like most people here in Roosevelt. Then we had a miracle, we have such awesome ward mission leaders out here, one of them got us dinners for the rest of the week so we don't starve, even though I didn't think it would be possible. After dinner on Thursday we had an appointment with this little 8 year old who wants to know more before he just gets bapitzed which I think is awesome that he wants that personal testimony. Friday started out a little slow but then got amazing. We had district training meeting which was pretty good, then we went out to lunch as a district and got free subway! After lunch we did some weekly planning which took forever! But I think its because we are still trying to figure out the area. Friday night we did some tracting (I didn't think I was going to ever have to do this but we do it alot!)  we found 2 potential invesigators that we are meeting with today. Saturday was more fun than work. We went to breakfast as a district to the McCoy's house they are recent converts and love the missionaries. We joined them for the morning session of conference and lunch. Then we headed over to another family's house for afternoon session. We had two lessons after dinner but the last one fell through so did more tracting! Sunday was another fabulous day of conference. I can not tell you how much I love missionary work and how much I love hearing the prophet and apostles speak about it. We spent from breakfast to dinner at the Williams house. The dad is the High Councilman over the missionaries. after dinner we went and did more tracting and found a bunch of members who want to help move the Lords work forward. This morning to start off my first P-day we went and hiked a small mountian to watch the sun rise as a district. It was super fun! I have been focusing my personal study on faith and what true faith is and I love this topic! I also love the topic of the importance of the book of mormon. As a missionary we have to rely so much on our faith and the book of mormon.
 
It sounds like you had a fun trip to Arizona and hopefully got tan. I will send you some pictures to tell you more because a picture speaks a thousand words!:) love you all and miss you, but not enough to come home for another 17 months!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment