Monday, March 24, 2014

Mar 24...joy!

This week has been a week of joy. There wasn't any huge miracles, it was all the little things that happened that made it so amazing. We have decided as a companionship we want to work really hard and stay busy. This week there was some incredible lessons. The spirit has been so strong during them. Normally we only see people once a week but this week we have scheduled lessons with certain people for every two or three days because they are so ready for the gospel and ready to progress quickly. Another little miracle was the fact that the sun came out this week and it is turning into spring. The sun is out but it is still pretty cold.
On Wednesday I got a text message from my zone leaders saying I had a eye care package at the mission office. This was a miracle because I had just emailed Bishop Robertson on Monday saying I needed more and it came so quickly! I am grateful for all the people that are looking after me and taking care of my needs.
On Friday night we went to dinner and I sat down and when I looked to my left to see the pictures on the wall there was a picture that I had taken of the Ostler's. So I asked the sister we were eating with how she knows them and she is Delene's sister! Such a small world.

On Saturday morning I got a call from a missionary that I served around about 9 months ago and he asked if I could play the piano for their district in a talent show. That went really well and they all sound amazing singing "I'll go where you want me to go". Also on Saturday we had a baptism and it was supposed to start at 1:00 but everyone was running behind so it didn't start until 1:30. The baptism was for these boys who are cousins and one of them is 9 and the other 8. After the baptism they said they had some refreshments for anyone that wanted some and I thought they meant cookies but they had a whole meal prepared! On Sunday we went to their confirmations and the ward was getting a new Bishopric and it was so weird because I hardly knew the bishop and I was getting all choked up because it made me think that this is probably how is was when the Candy Mountain ward got a new bishop.

I have gave myself a 6 month challenge. I am starting to read "Jesus the Christ" and I hope to have it done before I come home. It's a pretty hard read, but I have learned some amazing things about Christ and his life. I found this quote and I love it, "When you choose to follow Christ you choose to be changed." -Ezra Taft Benson


                                               Kaylynn being introduced to food from Singapore
                                                   



No comments:

Post a Comment