Monday, March 3, 2014

Mar 3...service and bruises

This week I managed to be clumsy and ended up hurting myself quite a
few times. I only came out with two big bumps, and four bruises! Don't
worry hopefully this week I can be a little less clumsy.
So me and Sis. Horne have been dying to do some service and so on
Tuesday, all three of us went and found a habitat for humanitarian
store and was able to get an hour of service in and then on Wednesday
we went back and did about an hour and a half. It was a good change
to add to our usual routine. We unpacked boxes, priced and organized
items. Then we broke down the boxes and then cleaned the store. It was
fun!
Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday were so warm and beautiful, it got up to
the 60's! Tuesday night we had an adventure, we were leaving the house
after dinner and decided it was time to take the garbage out, so we
grabbed our bags and the garbage and headed out and locked the door behind
us. As we were headed to the car I reached in my bag to get the keys
and they weren't there! We locked them in the house. Our lady lords
weren't home and we couldn't get a hold of them. So we started walking
and calling people. We were finally able to get a hold of our land
lords after about 35 minutes or so. And we were able to make it to all
our appointments on time!
We have so many people to work with but just have a hard time getting
appointments with them and after we decided to fast and go to the
temple for some answers about how to help the area pick up we decided
to stop by everyone's houses and get appointments. It is amazing what
we have lined up this week already! I mean why would God put more
people in our path if we aren't working with what we already have. We
also found out about some new move-ins and so we decided to be the
welcoming committee. And we have three new less-active families we are
going to be working with. So many people. how do we have so much work here
in Utah and my answer to that is they move here to hear about the
gospel, they just don't know that when they first get here.
We also had a really cool experience with some of our favorite
less-actives. We got a text on Wednesday morning from the lady of the
house and she was really struggling because her boyfriend won't make
the decision to marry her or move out and so she asked if we could
teach a lesson about moving forward and making decisions. It was
probably one of the most spiritual lessons I have ever had. You could
tell that they really felt like changing. I also committed them to
staying to all three meetings in church because usually they only stay
to sacrament.  And the little decisions help us practice for making
big decisions. We were in the ward that meets right before them and so
we were able to catch them after sacrament to make sure they went to
Sunday school. We stayed with them and I was so proud because they
participated quite a bit and had a lot of good things to say. I fasted
for them in hopes that it will help the boyfriend make a decision and
I will let you know how it goes.

So transfers are this week and here is what's happening... Me and
Sister Jones are both being transferred out of Spanish Fork. I don't
know where I will be going but I know it will be an adventure. I am
sad to leave because I really fell in love with the people here.



No comments:

Post a Comment