Thursday, August 29, 2013

Aug 26....just when I was getting comfortable

This week one was full of unexpected surprises!

 We had so many of our appointments fall through which left us with the task of finding people to teach. This sounds a little silly since that is what missionary work is but the past few weeks have been full of scheduled appointments which allow us to just go teach instead of find. We received quite a few referrals this week which just answered our prayers. I also thought of someone that my last companionship had been teaching so I asked him if he would be interested in having the lessons again but this time with his wife and he accepted. As we taught them it was amazing to see how much more open he was. It's like the Lord was softening his heart while we weren't seeing him for a few months. And I am sure that's exactly what it was. I think it is so incredible to see how many people the Lord is preparing for us. I have heard so many times that people get the impression to move to Utah but they don't know why until they find the Gospel then it is so clear to them.

 
On Wednesday we had the opportunity to do some service. We went and helped one of our less-active ladies with cleaning her house. Because when we went over there on Sunday she said she just wanted to give up. So it was quite the challenge we took on. But mission accomplished, and we saw her on Friday and she said her house is still clean!!! It makes me so happy to be able to help people. We also looked for other service opportunities this week since we haven't had any in a while. So one day we had a little extra time before our next appointment so we drove around to look for opportunities. We saw a moving truck full of stuff and a family moving the stuff so we pulled over and asked if we could help at all. Sadly they turned us down, I don't know if it is because we were in skirts or maybe they really didn't need help but I am glad we offered.

 This week we also started teaching an incredible girl. She just turned 18 and has decided to take the lessons because her whole life she has know that this church is the one she wants to join but her mom is a very strong catholic. She has such an incredible testimony already! She is waiting for a missionary and I can't image how he must feel right now knowing that she is taking the missionary lessons. This is also another example about how the Lord is preparing people to accept the Gospel. I feel so blessed to be serving the Lord. I have been able to reach out to so many people already and it has only been 5 months! I can't wait to see what the next 13 months will bring. I also am excited to see how much closer I am going to grow to my Savior.

 One day this week we got a call from the mission president. We were all really confused. Then we found out that Sister Fanene was needed in a different area. I was so surprised especially since it is in the middle of the transfer. But on a mission we must be flexible because we never know what is going to come flying our way next. The other day I was looking at a list of 10 things my stake president gave me, that I need to bring home from my mission. It is incredible to see how much I have already accomplished and it also showed me how much more I need to improve on. I hope everyone enjoys the beginning of the school year. I know that it has changed Orem a lot. All of the UVU students are back. I have to leave 20 minutes early to appointments due to school traffic.

Keep up with being examples to everyone. Be strong and firm in what you believe.

Love,

Sister Kaylynn Harrison

No comments:

Post a Comment