Friday, August 23, 2013

Aug 19...meeting and meetings and meetings!

Well I don't really know how to even describe this week. It was FULL of ups and downs. But it made me rely more on my Savior Jesus Christ. We set our goals high this week for how many people we wanted to bring closer to Christ and so many unexpected things happen that just threw us off. On Tuesday we tried going to the temple and it was sooo busy that day. We realized there was going to be an hour or longer wait and so we ended up leaving. On Wednesday we had to go to the MTC to check on Sister Fanene's visa and I ran into a very good friend, Elder Harrison Ostler. I surprised him quite a bit. When he first saw me he was in a bit of shock of why I would be there. And after talking for a few minutes I can tell he is going to be an amazing missionary when he gets to Brazil and those people better believe that they are getting blessed with a GREAT missionary. We then got to go to DTM(District Training Meeting). It was definitely an inspired meeting, we were able to talk about miracles that have happen and how we can help miracles happen in our current investigators lives.  Then to top off the day we had a missionary correlation meeting with one of our stakes. It was a good meeting and we were able to discuss a lot of missionary work. On Thursday we were blessed with Zone Conference and we heard some pretty incredible statistics. July 2012 there was 120 missionaries in the Provo Utah Mission and there were teaching on average 850 lessons A WEEK! July 2013 we now have 240 missionaries in the Provo Utah Mission and we are now teaching, on average, 2,200 lessons A WEEK! I was seriously surprised by these numbers but feel so blessed to be a part of the Lord hastening his work. Zone conference was 6 hours long! But the things that were taught there are so helpful! On Friday we went to the temple again and this time we went early so we didn't have to wait. We luckily got into to the 8:30 session and the spirit I felt that day was so peaceful and warm. Also on Friday we had our weekly planning. I wanted to start doing it a little different way that I was inspired to do from Zone Conference. Instead of focusing on what lesson was next we decided to look at what ordinance we want them to partake of in the near future, whether it is the sacrament, baptism or the temple. And then we planned lessons that would help them get to this point. I can't believe how easily we thought of the needs of the people we are working with. On Saturday we had a baptism. J***who is 13 has been going to church actively for a long time and finally decided to take the lessons and get baptized. Because he has been going to church already for a while he had a lot of people he wanted to participate in the program. So the program took about an hour and a half. If any of you don't know how long a typical baptism lasts its usually 30-45 minutes. But it was amazing to see how much support he is getting from his ward. The that night we got to go do a small fireside for some of the members. We talked about how our mission was using the tools that were provided in the Missionary Broadcast a few months ago. All of the meetings this week were great but I am excited to get back to teaching this week. Another amazing thing happening this week is my 5 month mark. I seriously can not believe it has already been 5 months. I feel like every month just goes by a little faster. But when you are busy with the work and having fun doing it, you don't have time to think about how long you have been out. I have felt so blessed for the past 5 months and I can't wait to see what lies ahead! D&C 31:13 "Be faithful unto the end, and lo, I am with you. These words are not of man nor of men, but of me, even Jesus Christ, your Redeemer, by the will of the Father, Amen" It's scripture like these that help me stay motivated! I love this work and I don't ever want to stop! LOVE YOU ALL


No comments:

Post a Comment