Monday, June 17, 2013

june 10 ...mini missionary

I seriously can not believe that it is June 10th already! It seriously feels like I just left home! I guess time flies when you are having fun. I have been having a lot of fun this week with missionary work. We were able to do a lot of contacting this week because we have huge lists the wards have given us that they either don't know the people or they know them and know that they would benefit from hearing our message.  I have had some pretty amazing experiences this week with promptings from the spirit. A few weeks ago we found this girl who you could tell really needed the gospel in her life and she was very open to talking with us. But when we went to go visit her again she wasn't there and we remembered her saying something about moving. But we were hoping we could find someone at her old house who would be able to tell us. After a few times this week of no success I had this feeling that we should go talk to her neighbor. We explained to him our interaction in K***(his neighbor) and he told us she had just moved around the corner to her grandparent's house. So we drove over there and WE FOUND HER! I am seriously so glad I followed that prompting. We asked her if there was anything we could do for her and she actually gave us a service opportunity that we will be working on for the next week or so. I am so happy that we are going to be able to help her come closer to her Savior. I also went on exchanges this week and I was with the spanish missionaries. It was really nerve racking since I don't know any spanish. But I really prayed that I would be able to understand a least a little bit of what people were saying to me. I was very surprised when one of the investigators started bearing her testimony about prayer I was actually able to pick up on most of the story! I love this gospel so much. Not even just the big miracles but the little things make it all worth it. We had a mini missionary come out with us for 3 days and it was super fun to be an example to her and to watch her own testimony be strengthened because of missionary work. I am so grateful for the blessings I am able to see daily and I am grateful for my Savior who is there to help me when I need direction in the work. I love you all and love hearing from everyone!

~ Sister Harrison #2 (aka Kaylynn)


No comments:

Post a Comment