Monday, February 3, 2014

Feb 3...how does that happen?

So this week was hard because so many of our appointments cancelled and so we have done a lot of door knocking this week and for some reason a lot of those doors were unanswered. But because we set inspired goals we knew we would be able to reach them, and we did!
It was hard to stay motivated because the weather was cold and snowy this week. It seems like when it gets cold it would be so much easier to just stay home and cuddle up in a warm blanket by the heater, but we are missionaries and we need to get out there and share the good news of the gospel.
One of our appointments on Monday night was quite memorable. The sister we were visiting had a parrot and as we were sharing a scripture it started talking but it freaked me out because it didn't sound like a bird at all, it sounded completely human. We have also done a lot of visits this week to people who are less-active, but when you meet them and talk to them some are really hard to tell they are less-active. And I think a lot of them would consider themselves that way. But we made covenants when we were baptized and we have to live up to those. We are not perfect and we make lots of mistakes in life but that is why we get to go to church each Sunday and partake of the sacrament.
On Wednesday morning we got to go to the temple. I seriously love the blessings of the temple and the peace it brings into my life. As I was sitting in the chapel waiting for the session to start I looked around and saw a familiar face, James Olsen, who is headed to Argentina was there and it was cool to catch up after the session.
This week has also been a bonding week for our companionship. We have really gotten to know each other and are having a fun time sharing the gospel here in Spanish Fork. We laugh all the time but we also are so good at teaching in unity and testifying of one another. This is going to be a great transfer.
I was given some really great counsel from President McCune a week ago that I have really applied this week, he told me to stop caring about what others think and focus on pleasing Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. I really love this because I honestly am not on a mission to make friends but I am on a mission to serve my Savior to the very end.
Also this week since we have had quite a bit of dead time we spent time to get to know the members and help them trust us so that we can get referrals from them. It is amazing to see that we are helping open their eyes to how much missionary work is around them. I think it is so funny to hear people say how they don't know any non members. But then we tell them that our mission had over 1,300 baptisms last year and it really gets them thinking. I am so grateful to be a missionary and to be able to help people realize how much Christ loves them!
Also this week I am finally getting a hang of sharing the gospel on Facebook. I had a name come to my head of a kid from high school I hadn't talked to in 2 or 3 years. And he has so many questions. Thing are going great. My hopes is to refer him to the missionaries in Richland. It should be good.
Love, Sister Harrison


No comments:

Post a Comment