Monday, December 2, 2013

Dec 2...food,food,food!

So it was quite the eventful week. I know I probably say something like this every week but I guess this mission is keeping me on my toes. Thanksgiving was this past week and it was so much fun and so painful... I have never been so full in my entire life. We started our Thanksgiving off right by playing some football our zone against another. And even though we didn't keep score I am pretty sure that we won. I got to be quarter back a few times which made me miss throwing the ball around with Jace, Kade and Dad. President and Sister McCune joined us for a little while and it was really weird to see President in shorts and a t-shirt. . For Thanksgiving dinner we had 5 dinner appointments.The first one was a poly dinner and that was all a bit strange to me but still delicious and then the second one was southern soul food. After about the second dinner we were so full and ready to be done. So our third dinner gave us some to go and then our 4th was just dessert and we didn't make it to number 5. But it was a great day and really cool to hear all the different things people are grateful for. 
Friday was not such a great day. I think my kidney's got the best of me after all that food on Thursday. I felt really bad for my companion because she got to sit and home and study and do other missionary stuff. I called the nurse and she told me to take my medicine and so I did and then I got a blessing(THANK YOU PRIESTHOOD) and then I slept for about 8 hours. My companion is totally awesome though. She did our weekly planning and even set goals for us. She is shooting high so I really hope that we don't have any hold backs because if we make this goal then I am sure that our area has a very high chance of being split. I can't believe it is already the last week of the transfer. It has flown by so fast and I am not looking forward to the call next Monday because I honestly don't know what will happen. Hopefully I get to stay with Sister Funaki! This week was also a week of good byes. And they were sad good byes. So on Saturday we went to teach our investigator that is a foreign exchange student and she informed us that she skyped with her parents that morning and they don't want her meeting with us anymore. I made her promise me that we will stay in touch so that when she comes back here for college we can hang out. We also have a less-active family that we found out that they moved to Payson and so we had a final lesson with them.
It is so amazing how quickly you grow to love people and saying goodbye becomes so hard! I really feel like I can see in a lot of these people how Jesus Christ would see them. I really love each and every one of them and I hope that we all stay in contact. 
Surprisingly it is still pretty warm here but I heard that it is finally going to start snowing this week. So I better bundle up!:)

Love you all! Have a wonderful start to December and remember the true meaning of Christmas!
Sis Harrison

                                              Our zone with President and Sister McCune!

No comments:

Post a Comment