Monday, December 16, 2013

Dec 16...new area and companion

I want to start off with one of my favorite quotes I found this week, "in the service of The Lord, it is not where you serve but how"- J. Ruben Clark jr.
We'll I am now in my 4th area with my 10th companion and I love it. I am serving in Spanish Fork with Sister Jones who is from Oregon and is currently waiting for her visa to Brazil. I am now only covering two stakes and I think this area should keep us busy. It was really hard saying goodbye to my friends in Orem. I made some really good friends the past 6 months and saying goodbye felt impossible. But I know I will be able to come back and visit since I am just in Utah. Serving in Spanish Fork is so different than Orem. The crazy thing about this area is we have over 25 non-members that we know and could work with, where in Orem we only had about 5. Right now the area has not reached even close to its potential and so this transfer I am going to try and get us so busy that we never have to go knock people's doors. I don't want any blank slots in our planner, not with how much work this area has. I am really excited to see what is going to happen.
On Sunday were able to make someone's day by bringing them a Christmas tree. She almost started crying and was so grateful for just a simple little tree. We also had a super awesome experience with prayer. We lost our phone on Saturday and we have been looking for it everywhere and we have yet to find it. On Sunday we were trying to figure out where our dinner was going to be and not having a phone made that really hard. So we decided we should pray. As soon as Sister Jones said amen I looked up and our land lady was walking toward our car. So we got out to talk to her and she asked us if we knew who we were having dinner with tonight. As we explained why we had no idea she said so you want to follow me and I will take you there. WOW! That came so fast! I know with all my heart The Lord listens to all our prayers even the silly ones about not knowing where our dinner appointment was.
It is getting really cold here and I know I shouldn't be complaining because I am not in Canada freezing to death. But it makes it really hard to want to wear a skirt! No matter how many tights and leggings I put on I swear the cold goes right through. But I have a car and I am not outside much so I think I will survive.
I am really excited for Christmas coming up so quickly! 9 more days and I get to see my wonderful family via Skype. I hope you all are reaching out to people in your neighborhoods, at work, at school, or even at the store. Show them how amazing it feels to have the spirit of Christ in this wonderful season! Love you all!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment